BCA Signature Courses
With the exception of GER 202 at IKI Vienna, where our students are placed in classes among students from all around the world, the following courses are exclusively for BCA students. These courses are taught in German by local instructors hired by BCA and require a minimum enrollment to be offered. Download pdf of course descriptions here.
- GER 202 IKI Wien
- LIT 332 Deutsche Kurzprosa des 20. Jahrhunderts
- LIT 335 Deutsche Romane und Novellen
- HIS 205 Vienna: Crossroads of Europe (History and Culture)-
Check out a student's multi-media project for HIS 205
- GER 312 Deutsche Sprache und Grammatik I
- GER 315 Deutsche Sprache und Grammatik II
- GER 310 Übersetzen aus dem Deutschen ins Englische I (taught primarily in English)
- SOC 370 Lahn Model United Nations Conference (Spring semester only). Learn more about this opportunity through a student's experience at the Conference.
Philipps University Courses
Taught primarily for German students by University faculty, BCA students with proficient German can enroll in Philipps University courses, most of which are taught in German. Areas of coursework include:
German as a Foreign Language
Deutsch als Fremdsprache (German as a Foreign Language) courses are available through the University of Marburg Language Center (Sprachenzentrum der Uni Marburg) or the German Department of the Uni Marburg (09. Fachbereich). Intended for foreign students and taught by native German speakers.
- Practice in Pronunciation
- Practice in Writing German
- Practice in Holding Academic Public Presentations in German
BCA Marburg students enrolled only for the fall semester are also eligible to take one course offered through the Uni Marburg's IUSP. Subject areas vary by semester but generally cover:
- American Studies
- Political Science
- Business Administration and Economics