Spring 2014 Coastal Excursion
Spring 2014 Amazon Excursion
Your journey to the “land closest to the sun” will take you to the country’s diverse geographical regions, including:
- Galapagos Islands:A five-day excursion to observe the amazing wildlife, learn about the islands’ natural and cultural history, and meet the people who live there.
- Otavalo: A visit to the indigenous town of Otavalo and its world-renowned artisan market.
- Various day trips: Sites such as the Quito Historical Center, the cloud forest and a hike around a volcanic lake.
- Papallacta Hot Springs: Hot springs in the Andes (over 11,000 feet).
Multi-day trip to one of the following:
- Amazon: Journey to the Amazon to experience its tremendous biodiversity, witness the impacts of oil extraction, and visit indigenous communities struggling to maintain their cultural identity and ancestral land rights.
- Coast: Visit to the northern coast of Ecuador to experience the unique culture of Afro-Ecuadorians, learn about the coastal mangrove ecosystem, and see first-hand the social, environmental and economic impacts of the shrimp farming industry.